Friday, August 24, 2012

Nickelodeon Star Victoria Justice Shocked By "Victorious" Cancellation

From WENN via Orange UK News:
Victoria Justice shocked by TV show cancellation

Actress/singer Victoria Justice was "shocked" when she was told her popular TV show Victorious had been cancelled but she is determined to move on with her career.

The 19 year old played an aspiring singer in the Nickelodeon sitcom and she recently announced the show won't return after the end of its third series.

Justice, who previously appeared in kids' TV show Zooey 101, has now revealed she was blind-sided when network bosses told her they wouldn't be filming any more episodes, but she is trying to stay positive.

She tells Teen Vogue magazine, "When I first heard the news, I was a little bit shocked. I wasn't expecting it, but I'm a big believer that everything happens for a reason. I'm excited for the possibilities.

"I've been on Nickelodeon since I was twelve years old - starting on Zooey 101, and then was given my own show when I was sixteen. I'm nineteen now, so I feel like the show had a really great run. I love the whole cast and crew, and it's been an unforgettable journey. I'm a little bit older now and ready to mature with my career choices. Hopefully my fans will come along with me."