Tuesday, July 10, 2012

'The Huffington Post' Reporter Talks To Former Nickelodeon And "All That" Star Alisa Reyes At "PopCon 2012"

From The Huffington Post:
My Day at PopCon

After weeks of hoping, waiting, and speculating, on July 6, PopCon, the first annual pop culture convention, finally descended upon the City of Angels and has opened up its doors to the eagerly awaiting public. Now that it had finally arrived, I began the day hoping to get a taste of what PopCon had to offer. So, I threw on my media pass, grabbed my recording device, and stepped inside the LA Convention Center to see what all the fuss was about.

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the convention room was the large amount of tables set up everywhere, and the huge variety of them. There was a smattering of everything, from booths for organizations and clubs -- such as the R2-D2 builders club amongst others -- to tables promoting celebrities of all types, like James Hong (Kung Fu Panda), Margot Kidder (Superman), Alisa Reyes (All That), Tony Curran (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen), and more. I decided to visit the organizational booths first.

[...]

Also while I was there, I was able to talk with Alisa Reyes -- one of the cast of the classic teen show All That -- about her experiences on the show ("absolutely amazing") and her career since her days with Nickelodeon ("busy and filled with variety"). I even learned all about some of the crazy stuff that went on behind the scenes of Caddy Shack and Tron from the incredible Cindy Morgan. Overall, it was candid moments like these that really made this Con what it was.
You can read award-winning actress, entrepreneur, TV/Video producer, public speaker, author, and writer Clarissa Burt's full coverage of the first annual "PopCon" pop culture convention, "PopCon 2012", which was held in Los Angeles, California, USA on Friday 6th July 2012 at the LA Convention Center here on the official 'The Huffington Post' website, huffingtonpost.com.